Stephen David, Community and Economic Development Director
Email address: sdavid@
Phone: 954-989-2688, Ext. 222
Stephen David was hired as Community & Economic Development Director on January 8, 2018. Mr. David has extensive experience in the area of community and economic development and urban and regional planning. He has served as Community Redevelopment Agency Director for the City of South Miami. Mr. David was also employed by the City of Fort Lauderdale’s Community Redevelopment Agency and by the Town of Lantana’s Planning & Zoning Department.
Mr. David holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Architecture from Spring Garden College in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and a Master of Science degree in Urban & Regional Planning from Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida. Mr. David is also a member of the Florida Chapter and National Chapter of the American Planning Association and well as being a member of the Florida Redevelopment Association. His duties are as follows:
- Directs and/or assists in the overall planning, development, and administration of community and economic development programs for the assigned area of responsibility.
- Plans, directs, and evaluates public relations activities designed to promote and create awareness of programs, services, and/or financial assistance.
- Negotiates or administers contracts, grants, and cooperative agreements with federal, state, local, community, and private business organizations; functions as liaison and/or representative for the assigned area of responsibility.
- Oversee a variety of activities designed to create and retain jobs through the development, analysis, promotion, and support of economic and/or community development programs.
- Identifies, attracts, and assists investors and businesses to locate in the City.
- Provides technical assistance and serves as an advocate for businesses and communities to identify and resolve economic development impediments.
- Identifies, develops, and/or supports target industries and existing businesses and provides marketing programs, technology transfer data, financial resources, etc., for those businesses.
- Meets with business representatives and community officials to determine overall growth and development needs and goals, and to develop and support activities, programs, and plans.
- Researches and analyzes economic development issues including legislation, policies, annual reports, and correspondence and prepares responses to information requests from the public and private sectors.